The CFS 1040 Gas Series Spin-on Fuel Filter Water Separator (FFWS) offers ultimate protection for your marine and light industrial gasoline engines. Given the sensitivity and complexity of modern engines, even a micron-sized piece of silica, rust, or varnish could cause damage to the critical components of your engine’s injection system and reduce engine efficiency. The CFS 1040 utilizes an H&V Coalescer filter media, which removes 99% of these contaminants prior to passing the fuel onto the engine. We offer mounting brackets for this series of filters.
CFS1040 Gas Fuel Filter Water Separator — 10 Micron 40 GPH Spin-on Series
$61.50 – $65.00
- Additional information
- Product Specifications
- Direct Replacement Product for:
- Spare Replacement Parts
- Reviews (0)
The CFS 1040 Spin-on Series Fuel Filter Water Separator was designed to operate in the harshest environments. The filter housing is covered with durable corrosion resistance powder coat paint, the porting cap is made from cast aluminum, and the drain bowl is made from high impact resistant plastics.
This fuel water separator was designed for easy installation and field service. The collection bowl and die-cast mounting cap are easy to clean, and reusable for multiple services. Additionally, CFS offers various styles of the mounting cap and drain bowl, so your product can be configured based upon your installation requirements.
Theory of Operation
The H&V Coalescer filter media is 99% effective at removing dirt, water, and other contaminants from the fuel. During the assembly process, the filter media is pleated and arranged inside the filter housing to offer maximum water rejection and contaminant retention. Fuel entering the filter is directed downward past the pleated media and the pleated design causes water droplets to form. As more water droplets accumulate, they coalesce until they fall to the collection bowl due to gravity. Conversely, dirt and other contaminants are retained in the filter media, unable to pass through the filter. Thus, clean, water-free fuel is delivered to the engine.
To ensure selection of the proper Gas Fuel Water Separator do the following:
- Confirm your fuel type is gasoline.
- Confirm the total fuel flow rate through the fuel system (expressed in gallons per hour (gph).
- Confirm mounting location for the filter. Note, the CFS 1040’s polycarbonate drain bowl should only be used in outboard marine applications or installations which are not inside an enclosed engine compartment.
- Confirm port, mounting cap, and drain bowl thread size. Note, if the two-port mounting cap is used, we recommend you purchase our mounting bracket kit.
Use and Service
- Inspect all outside features and fuel fittings for damage and leaks. Tighten and/or replace as needed.
- Inspect drain bowl for damage, deformation, and discoloration on a regular basis; replace as necessary.
- Inspect the die-cast cap for cracks or fractures; if observed, replace immediately.
- Drain contents in collection bowl on a regular basis. Typically, when the bowl is half full, it is time to drain the contents.
- Replace the filter element every 300 hours of use, or sooner if you observe dirt and contaminants in the collection bowl.
- Replace the entire assembly annually or more often depending upon the operating environment.
- Marine Propulsion
- Power Generation
- Light Industrial Gasoline Engines
- Oil and Gas
- On- or Off-highway
|Dimensions||3.5 × 3.5 × 8.3 in|