The CFS1020 Diesel Series Spin-on Fuel Filter Water Separator (FFWS) offers ultimate protection for your marine and light industrial diesel engines. This FFWS utilizes an H&V Coalescer filter media, which removes 99% of contaminants (e.g., silica, sand, rust, varnishes, and water) from the fuel before these materials reach the critical internal components of your engine. Modern diesel engines are highly pressurized and push the limits of critical components. Even a micron-sized piece of silica, rust, or varnish could cause damage to these critical components and reduce engine efficiency and increase downtime. We offer mounting brackets for this series of filters.
CFS1020 Diesel Series Spin-on Fuel Filter Water Separator — 10 Micron 20 GPH
$61.50 – $65.00
- Additional information
- Direct Replacement Product for:
- Product Specifications
- Spare Replacement Parts
- Reviews (0)
The CFS1020 Diesel Spin-on Series Fuel Filter Water Separator was designed to operate in the harshest environments. The filter housing is covered with durable corrosion resistant powder coat paint, the porting cap is made from cast aluminum, and the drain bowl is made from high impact resistant plastic.
This fuel water separator was designed for easy installation and field service. The clear polycarbonate collection bowl and durable die cast mounting cap are easy to clean and reusable for multiple services. Additionally, the mounting cap and drain bowl can be configured based upon your installation requirements (see configuration options on the shop page).
Theory of Operation
The H&V Coalescer filter media is 99% effective at removing dirt, water, and other contaminants from the fuel. During the assembly process, the filter media is pleated and arranged inside the filter housing to offer maximum water rejection and contaminant retention. Fuel entering the filter is directed downward past the pleated media and the pleated design causes water droplets to form. As more water droplets accumulate, they coalesce until they fall to the collection bowl due to gravity. Conversely, dirt and other contaminants are retained on the filter media, unable to pass through the filter. Thus, clean water-free fuel is delivered to the engine.
To ensure selection of the proper Diesel Spin-on Series marine filter do the following:
- Confirm your fuel type is diesel.
- Confirm the total fuel flow rate through the fuel system (expressed in gallons per hour (gph)).
- Confirm mounting location for the filter. Note, CFS’s polycarbonate drain bowl should only be used in outboard applications or installations which are not inside an enclosed engine compartment.
- Confirm port, mounting cap, and drain bowl thread size.
Use and Service:
- Inspect all outside features and fuel fittings for damage and leaks. Tighten and/or replace as needed.
- Inspect drain bowl for damage, deformation, and discoloration on a regular basis, replace as necessary.
- Inspect the die-cast cap for cracks or fractures; if observed, replace immediately.
- Drain contents in collection bowl on a regular basis. Typically, when the bowl is half full, it is time to drain the contents.
- Replace the filter element every 300 hours of use, or sooner if you observe dirt and contaminants in the collection bowl.
- Replace the entire assembly annually or more often depending upon the operating environment.
- Industrial Pressure Washers
- Marine Power Generation
- Marine Propulsion
- Light Industrial Diesel Engines
- Oil and Gas
|Dimensions||3.5 × 3.5 × 8.3 in|